Monday, July 21, 2014

Last week the LEAF crew spent their time out in the wilds of northern New Hampshire.  With limited connectivity, Aura had to save up her posts for today. Enjoy!


 
Dirrrrrrty hands.
 

I SAW A MOOSE for the first time and it was not mounted on a wall, which was a awesome experience.

Going to pick more wall lettuce was better than the day before, just because there were not as many mosquitos and it was calming to hear the rain trickle down. After going to have lunch at the Moose Coffee Shop we went to identify plants, which was a good challenge. Then we traveled to Hurbert Swamp to do some trail maintenance. The horse flies were very annoying. It was a nice smooth day. 

 

 
The border!


Today I was in 2 places at once. I was at Canada and in New Hampshire, which was cool! We did trail maintenance. We also tried to see a beaver, but we had no luck in seeing one today (sad face). Today was also the day where we traveled 4 hours to get to Burlington,Vermont - yay, what a trip! We all slept on the way. 
 
Two feet, two countries.
 

July 18 - University of Vermont Campus Visit

Friday means it's almost Saturday! Woo! 

Going to UVM was a good experience and our guide was excellent. I really do not think UVM is the school for me, but I was a good tour and I learned many things about their ecological program and their green roof, which was very cool. I had caviar for the first time. It was gross, but the sushi was good. I can't get the feeling out of my mouth. Ewww!  After the visit we went off to a treat at Ben & Jerry's.

 

July 19 - Burlington, Vermont

Oh Saturday, with the smell of burned waffles to wake us up. 

We went to the farmers market, which was nothing like what I expected, but it was awesome either way. I bought little things here and there and got a henna tattoo. We visited Echo Lake Aquarium, which was fun. Seeing turtles and other creatures was amazing. We also the show Carrie the musical, which was good (even though the show was two hours long). We'll be going to dinner later.
 
~Aura Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment