Wednesday, July 16, 2014

A Successful Day!


The ride to Potter Farm was blurred just because I fell asleep on the way there. When we arrived to the place it was just beautiful and it was full of different beautiful flowers like the Canadian Lily.
 
Rescuing a silver maple.
 
So then we ate lunch and went to work. The task of that day was to save the sliver maple trees from the virgin vine which, in cases, is was choking up the poor little trees. After 35 trees I think we managed to try to save 32 trees and sadly 2 died, but it's better than nothing.
 
After that amazing rescue we went to see the Connecticut River, which smelled terrible from the cow manure, but brought me back to my parents' home country when I was younger. I saw a fish jump out of the river which was cool. Then later that day we came to the Snowfield Cabin which was very clean and awesome with so many rooms and and an amazing view from the outside.
 
Hanging out in the Snowfield Cabin.
 
After a long day we went to go jump into the lake that was near by. I saw fishes in the lake while I was swimming and to me, the day ended successfully.
 
~Aura Hernandez

No comments:

Post a Comment