Friday, August 2, 2013

Didn't see it coming

I promise I'm a smiley person! Especially when it comes to botany.

In my past week I spent most of my time in the Lubberland Creek Preserve, which basically means in the mix of plants( multi flora rose), insects (mosquitos) and the rain! On the other hand, I loved it. In my time spent I've become in tuned with my interest in botany. Joanne and Lindsay have become my personal Botany 101 teachers and now I know how to differentiate many of the trees and invasive species in Lubberland Creek. My colleagues and I have spent time building character and muscle by searching for invasives, monitoring trail work in the rain and building water bars to keep water off trails.

What I wasn’t prepared for was a tick bite, which I really didn’t see coming. Literally didn’t see coming because it was on my back. I was pretty freaked out at first til I went the hospital and called Wink, who made everything better. In the end I was stoked that I was bitten because now I’m official. In what? I don’t really know but its official.
~Ariana Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment