Wednesday, July 24, 2013

livin' the dream

Visiting UVM with the Vermont LEAF Crew!
 
My time spent in New Hampshire has been a life changing experience. From the places we have visited to the people we have met it’s different, but in a good way. The first hours in a hostel meeting Wink and Lindsay to staying in a Bed and Breakfast, which is owned by Mary Margaret with the long hair, three cats, and funny husband, has placed my life into perspective. In the last two weeks I have met more than 26 people who have taught me something new or have giving me a chance to make an unforgettable experience. If I could, I would go back and thank everyone for the little things. For teaching me how to get on a horse and for helping me decide on the school that I will attend for college (UVM). But since I can’t thank them in person all I will thank them in spirit. THANK YOU ALL.
 
~Ariana Mitchell


A tough job building erosion steps is complete.

Hey there!!!!! Soo today we built steps!!! I know how strange that must sound but we did it. Lol. We used the land and shovels. It was a shocker how successful we were. We were pros by the end. The weekend in Burlington was sooooo beyond awesometastic!!!!! We went horseback riding (my horse’s name was Luko). Great first experience. UVM is a great University. I feel like the more schools I visit, I get more and more excited about college each time. We also went bike riding and that was very fun!!! This weekend was great and so was today. I cannot believe the time is going by so quickly. Anywho, talk to you all soon. J

~Marquia Williams


Livin' the dream!

Yay!!! Can you guys believe if I tell you “My dream came true?” Ha-Ha, I know this might sound silly but since I was little I know one of my life long dream is to become a princess and ride a WHITE horse J. Well…we all know that the princess part will never happen (ha-ha) but at least I got the chance to ride a white horse. I am so happy that I joined this program, and because of this I get the chance to participate in all these fun activities and also meet all these awesome people. In work I learned a lot about the environment, for example like all different kinds of invasive species and how they harm the environment and what we can all do to make a difference. Thanks for reading J  

~Mei Juan (Jen) Gao


Riding along the shores of Lake Champlain.

Hey guys, so yesterday we all went bike riding and on our way down a hill I forgot to use my breaks to slow down, so I lost control. In losing control I fell off my bike and slammed to the ground. As I fell down I skidded a little and scraped the back of my thigh and a bit on my hand. Surprisingly it didn’t hurt, just stung a little. It looked much worse then what it actually felt.  Haha! Weirdly enough I found it so cool, because it’s battle scars and battle scars are cool. Today it felt better and it doesn’t bother me to walk. Oh! Last night as we bought groceries including non-stick pads to cover the wound. When I went to put it on we didn’t have tape so we had to use band-aids. As the day went by and I started to sweat the pad started to fall off. It sucked. Lindsay told me that by now the wound is fine so now I'm all good and happy. That’s what I got to say to you all today. See ya!!!

~Darlene Valenzuela

No comments:

Post a Comment