Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Best summer ever!!!!

Just about to rub the nose of the Wildcat!
Hey there!!! The week has just begun and the fun I'm having is unbelievable. I think today may have been one of my favorites. Today we visited the University of New Hampshire.  It’s a great school and one that I probably would have never given a chance if not being an intern for LEAF. No one except for the interns in the New Hampshire chapter can say that they’ve had three tours for one school in the same day. Lol - it was wonderful. The first was a general tour. The next was a tour given by a professor at the university, Tom Lee.  That was my personal favorite because he brought me to the department of physics building. It was very hard to keep from smiling like a maniac when I entered the astronomy and physics library. After that we had this AMAZING lunch at the university. Lastly Megan who is an alumni from UNH gave our final tour. She gave us the cool 411 that no one else would know.  It was just an amazing tour and a great school. 

To top the day all off, we went to a park with swings!!! I feel like I haven’t smiled so much in one day in a long time. I think I can say for everyone that being an intern for LEAF has given us sooo many different experiences and opportunities that we wouldn’t have gotten if not for this program. I want to let everyone know that this is one of the most amazing summers of my life so far. Many people, throughout the duration of this internship aren’t even aware of the fact that they’ve taught me so much and have influenced many of the decisions I will be making very soon.  BEST SUMMER EVER!!!!!!!!

~Marquia Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment